Goals for the Wristband Working Group
- To investigate wristband protocols across the consortium
- To identify opportunities to align
- To establish a plan for cross-cohort collaboration using wristband samples
- To troubleshoot barriers to sample collection and retrieval
- To provide guidance to cohort members interested in wristbands
Wristbands for Exposure Assessment
- Rubber wristbands have to be “cleaned” in a lab before they are worn by participants. This process can be done using chemicals called solvents or through a heating process.
- Cleaning the wristbands before participants wear them is an important step in making sure that only the exposures encountered by the participant are captured.
- Participants will wear these wristbands for about a week before returning them to the lab.
- The lab will then test the wristbands to see what they picked up from the participant’s environment during a week of wear.